|Reading Twyla Tharp's The Creative Habit: |
Learn It and Use It for Life.
- Use only dry, seasoned wood. Fuel should sound hollow.
- You will find wood in the stove.
- Take a moment to manage the wood.
- Remove larger pieces of wood to add later.
- Arrange smaller pieces of wood kindling in a pyramid.
- Place firestarter where its flame will ignite kindling.
- Open the stove door a little as the fire takes.
- Be aware of the damper: pull it open to bring air up through the chimney.
- Be prepared to open the front door if smoke backs into the living room.
- Get a little blaze going to heat the stove.
- Add larger, seasoned wood logs.
- Burn only dry wood, not trash or paper.